Media was on hand for today’s practice at training camp. Here’s what went down according to social media reports from those in attendance.
- Braxton Berrios, Marcus Maye and Alex Lewis were among those who did not practice. Lewis has a shoulder injury which apparently isn’t considered serious;
- Breshad Perriman and Tarell Basham were working over at the side;
- Chuma Edoga, who missed practice due to illness yesterday, and wide receivers Chris Hogan, Chris Herndon and Jamison Crowder, who were all dealing with tightness, all practiced;
- Denzel Mims and Pierre Desir did individual drills for the first time. Lawrence Cager, Conor McDermott and Jabari Zuniga also returned. Desir and Cager also saw action in the team period;
- Mekhi Becton stonewalled Frankie Luvu on two one-on-one pass rush reps;
- Sam Darnold looked good in early 7-on-7 action, completing four of five passes including one to Jamison Crowder downfield;
- Foley Fatukasi and Cameron Clark got into a fight. Clark later left the field with an injury;
- Josh Malone dropped a good Darnold throw down the middle, but the two connected for a short touchdown later;
- Darnold connected with Donte Moncrief for a 50-yard gain, although it was underthrown and Bless Austin almost broke it up;
- Desir got work with the second team and almost intercepted David Fales;
- Le’Veon Bell and Frank Gore both had good runs over the left side in the team period. Josh Andrews was in for Lewis at left guard; and
- Jehu Chesson caught a deep pass from Darnold in 7-on-7’s.
We’ll update you later if there are any other announced roster moves or newsworthy comments after practice.