Media was on hand for today’s practice at training camp. Here’s what went down according to social media reports from those in attendance.
- Josh Adams was back in uniform, easing the current running back shortage. Safety Matthias Farley was also back;
- Denzel Mims and Lawrence Cager did strength and conditioning work;
- Marcus Maye, who was dealing with calf tightness on Sunday, did not practice;
- Brian Poole returned to individual drills and took part in the team periods;
- Breshad Perriman, Pierre Desir and La’Mical Perine did not practice. Perine’s ankle sprain has been confirmed as a low ankle sprain and not a long term injury;
- Greg Van Roten, who was limited in the last few practices, moved back into the starting line-up for team periods;
- Ashtyn Davis got first team reps in place of Maye;
- Chris Herndon seemed to be injured but returned to action after being checked out by the trainers. However, he later left the field with the training staff;
- New signing Donte Moncrief was on the field for the first time;
- In 7-on-7’s Sam Darnold mostly worked on underneath stuff, with one first down completion to Le’Veon Bell on the outside. Bell had earlier made a tough falling, juggling catch;
- Davis intercepted Darnold in 7-on-7’s. This may have been a mistake by the receiver; and
- Darnold led the Jets on a two-minute drill with Sam Ficken kicking a 36-yard field goal as time expired. A completion to Jehu Chesson keyed the drive.
We’ll update you later if there are any other announced roster moves or newsworthy comments after practice.