Media was on hand for today’s practice at training camp. Here’s what went down according to social media reports from those in attendance.
- Breshad Perriman and Denzel Mims did not practice. Brian Poole was once again on the field but did not participate;
- Tarell Basham went down early and limped off with a leg injury;
- Avery Williamson had a big hit early on, his first such play since returning from the PUP list;
- Mekhi Becton opened up a huge hole for a Le’Veon Bell run and then Bell later had another long run behind Alex Lewis and Connor McGovern;
- Frank Gore also ran for a nice gain behind a Becton block and La’Mical Perine had a couple of nice runs with the second unit;
- Chris Hogan worked exclusively with the first team and made some plays;
- Nate Hairson made a couple of plays in coverage and Bless Austin continues to play well but the offense moved the ball quite well by their recent standards;
- Jamison Crowder made a few catches in team periods, including one where he adjusted to a bad throw and another where he hung on despite a big hit by Austin;
- Lawrence Cager made a few nice plays in the team session again, including a spectacular leaping grab over Javelin Guidry from Mike White. However he limped off towards the end of practice;
- The offensive line had some issues in pass protection;
- Quinnen Williams had a decent day against the run, blowing up some inside runs;
- Neville Hewitt had a run stuff and then a tackle on a short pass against the first team offense;
- Chris Herndon came up with a catch on a pass deflected by Marcus Maye;
- Crowder caught a 23-yard touchdown from Sam Darnold on a contested catch at the end of a two-minute drill. Quincy Wilson, who was working with the first unit, broke up the two-point conversion.
- Braxton Berrios had four catches in a two-minute drill including a tough grab in traffic at the back of the end zone; and
- White’s fumbled snap while trying to spike the ball on a two-minute drill ended practice.
We’ll update you later if there are any other announced roster moves or newsworthy comments after practice.