With training camps around the league opening in less than two weeks, all but two members of last year’s Brooklyn Nets have found homes. Of the 10 players, including two-ways, who weren’t retained, only Tyler Johnson and Reggie Perry have yet to sign. Mike James is about to sign in Europe, according to reports on Saturday.
Three of the eight were traded — DeAndre Jordan, Spencer Dinwiddie and Landry Shamet. Jeff Green signed a guaranteed deal with the Nuggets, while the rest either signed a two-way deal — Chris Chiozza — or are non-guaranteed — Timothe’ Luwawu-Cabarrot and Alize Johnson. No word yet on specifics of James impending deal.
Here’s the latest…
- Mike James – one year with the Nets. Released from his CSKA Moscow contract September 14. Expected to sign with A.C. Monaco this week.
- Timothe’ Luwawu-Cabarrot – two years with the Nets. Signed to a non-guaranteed vets minimum deal with the Atlanta Hawks on September 13.
- DeAndre Jordan – two years with the Nets. Traded to Detroit Pistons along with four second rounders and $5.78 million in cash for Sekou Doumbouya and Jahlil Okafor on September 4, then waived and signed to a one-year, vets minimum deal with the Los Angeles Lakers on September 10.
- Alize Johnson – one year with the Nets. Signed to a two-year, non-guaranteed vets minimum deal with Chicago Bulls on September 7.
- Chris Chiozza – two years with the Nets. Signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Golden State Warriors on August 14.
- Jeff Green – one year with the Nets. Signed to a guaranteed two-year, $9 million deal with a player option in the second year on August 12.
- Spencer Dinwiddie – five years with the Nets. Traded to Washington Wizards for two second rounders and the rights to Nikola Milutinov in a five-team deal on August 4.
- Landry Shamet – one year with the Nets. Traded to the Phoenix Suns for Jevon Carter and the draft rights to Day’Ron Sharpe, the 29th pick in the 2021 Draft, on July 29.
As noted, the three trades all generated trade exceptions for the Nets: $11.45 million in the Dinwiddie deal, $6.27 million in the Jordan deal and $118,342 in the Shamet deal.