Catch up on all the Mets prospects in yesterday’s minor league action!
*All results from games played on Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Triple-A: Syracuse Mets (13-35)
ROSTER ALERT: New York Mets sent 3B Jonathan Villar on a rehab assignment to Syracuse Mets.
ROSTER ALERT: New York Mets sent 3B J.D. Davis on a rehab assignment to Syracuse Mets.
Double-A: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (17-31)
BINGHAMTON 6, RICHMOND 2 (BOX)
The Flying Squirrels took the initial lead in the first, but Binghamton tied things back up in the second and then took the lead in the third on three RBI singles that scored four runs. Richmond got one of those runs back in the bottom of the third but Adam Oller kept them off the board for the rest of his outing, Yeizo Campos in his three innings, and Jared Robinson in the ninth.
- CF Jake Mangum: 1-4, R, 2B, BB, SB (4), CS (1)
- C Nick Meyer: 1-5, R, 2 K, CS (1)
- RF Carlos Cortes: 1-5, 3 K
- 1B Mark Vientos: 1-4, R, 2B, K
- LF Quinn Brodey: 2-3, 3 R, 3B, RBI, BB, SB (5)
- 2B Yoel Romero: 1-3, 2B, RBI
- 3B Will Toffey: 1-4, 2 RBI, 2 K, SB (6)
- SS Manny Rodriguez: 0-3, BB, K
- P Adam Oller: 0-2, BB, 2 K
- PH Wagner Lagrange: 1-1
- RHP Adam Oller: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 8 K, W (2-3)
- RHP Yeizo Campos: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, HBP, H (2)
- RHP Jared Robinson: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
ROSTER ALERT: Binghamton Rumble Ponies placed RHP Dan Goggin on the 7-day injured list retroactive to June 29, 2021.
ROSTER ALERT: Binghamton Rumble Ponies placed RHP Joe Zanghi on the 7-day injured list retroactive to June 29, 2021.
ROSTER ALERT: RHP Eric Orze assigned to Binghamton Rumble Ponies from Brooklyn Cyclones.
High-A: Brooklyn Cyclones (17-31)
ABERDEEN 2, BROOKLYN 1 / 7 (BOX)
Jose Butto was very solid, allowing a pair of runs over six innings, but the Brooklyn offense couldn’t figure out IronBirds starter Kevin Magee or their bullpen, and as a result, the right-hander was tagged with a hard luck loss. The outing was actually one of his best this season, ironically, but the only run the hitters were able to manage was a Cody Bohanek solo homer in the second. Him and Fransisco Alvarez were the only Cyclones to have games of note, with the catcher logging his sixth multi-hit game with Brooklyn.
- RF LT Struble: 1-3
- SS Ronny Mauricio: 0-3, K
- 3B Brett Baty: 0-3
- DH Francisco Alvarez: 2-3
- PR Antoine Duplantis: 0-0
- LF Cody Bohanek: 1-2, R, HR (3), RBI, BB, K
- 1B Joe Genord: 0-3, 2 K
- 2B Luis Gonzalez: 0-2
- CF Adrian Hernandez: 0-2, K
- C Juan Uriarte: 0-2
- RHP Jose Butto: 6.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 9 K, L (1-4)
BROOKLYN 7, ABERDEEN 6 / 7 (BOX)
This was a makeup from May 30th’s postponed game. As such, even though the Cyclones were visiting Aberdeen, they were technically the home team. Unlike the first game, the bats had no problem dealing with Aberdeen’s starter. With the bases loaded, Luke Ritter drove in a run on a line drive into right, Cody Bohanek drove in a pair on a ground rule double that bounced over the right field wall, and Zach Ashford drove in two more on a line drive into right. Ronny Mauricio added two more runs in the fourth with a home run, his eighth of the year. Cyclones starter Jaison Vilera was solid in his five innings of work, allowing three runs in total, but the weak Brooklyn bullpen made things a lot closer than this game should’ve been. After Vilera was removed, Conner O’Neil gave up a run and his replacement, Mitch Ragan, allowed two more charged to his predecessor before finally recording the game’s last out.
- CF Antoine Duplantis: 1-3, R, BB, K
- DH Ronny Mauricio: 1-3, R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 K
- LF Brett Baty: 2-2, R, 2B, BB, E
- 2B Luke Ritter: 2-3, R, RBI
- 3B Cody Bohanek: 1-3, R, 2B, 2 RBI, K
- RF Zach Ashford: 1-3, 2 RBI, K
- SS Luis Gonzalez: 0-3, K
- 1B Jeremy Vasquez: 0-3, K
- C Jose Mena: 1-2, 2 R, BB, K
- RHP Jaison Vilera: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, W (1-5)
- RHP Conner O’Neil: 1.1 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- RHP Mitch Ragan: 0.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, S (2)
Low-A: St. Lucie Mets (27-22)
ST. LUCIE 13, CLEARWATER 4 / 8 (BOX)
St. Lucie had an opportunity to score in the first but were turned back by Threshers starter Gunner Mayer. That was not the case in the second when the offense went bonkers, plating seven runs. They kept scoring and scoring and scoring, with only Clearwater reliever Tyler Adams escaping the afternoon unscathed- and that was because he only recorded a single out before the game was delayed and eventually called early because of lightning in the area.
- CF Alex Ramirez: 2-4, 2 R, BB, 2 K, 2 SB (9, 10); Ramirez is up to a .278/.343/.433 batting line with 2 homers and 10 stolen bases, very exciting.
- RF Cole Kleszcz: 0-4, R, BB, K
- 2B Jose Peroza: 0-3, 2 R, BB, K, HBP
- DH Warren Saunders: 2-5, 2 R, HR (2), 4 RBI, 2 K
- 3B Jaylen Palmer: 2-3, 2 R, RBI, 2 BB, SB (16)
- 1B Matt Dyer: 3-4, R, 2 2B, RBI, BB, K, SB (3)
- LF Joe Suozzi: 1-4, R, 3 RBI, K
- C Nic Gaddis: 1-4, 2 R, HR (2), 3 RBI, BB, K
- SS Branden Fryman: 1-3, BB
- RHP Luis Moreno: 5.2 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, W (2-1)
- RHP Drake Nightengale: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, S (1)
COMPLEX: FCL METS (2-1)
FCL METS 8, FCL CARDINALS 2 (BOX)
- REHAB ALERT CF Johneshwy Fargas: 1-3, RBI, 2 K
- RF Carlos Dominguez: 0-1
- RF-CF Stanley Consuegra: 1-3, 2 R, HR (1), RBI, K, HBP; Is a three-game sample size too small? Regardless, it’s nice to see Consuegra healthy and hitting.
- SS William Lugo: 1-4, R, HR (1), 2 RBI
- 2B Cesar Berbesi: 0-4, 2 K
- 3B Edgardo Fermin: 0-2, 2 R, 2 BB, K
- LF Omar De Los Santos: 2-4, R, 3B, HR (1), 3 RBI
- DH Yeral Martinez: 0-3, R, BB, K
- 1B Gregory Guerrero: 1-2, BB
- C Juan Loyo: 1-3, R, CS (1), PB
- LHP Jose Zorrilla: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- RHP Saul Gonzalez: 6.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 7 K, WP, W (1-0); The 2018 23rd round draftee had a very intriguing profile on draft day and I’m excited to see how he’s developed.
ROSTER ALERT: New York Mets sent CF Johneshwy Fargas on a rehab assignment to FCL Mets.
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night