The vacuum into which real Eagles news had disappeared for almost a month is dissipating.
The team announced on Tuesday that it will hold joint practices during this year’s Training Camp with the New England Patriots and the New York Jets ahead of their respective preseason matchups.
The Eagles report to the NovaCare Complex for the start of 2021 Training Camp in exactly two weeks. The preseason opener is Thursday, August 12 at Lincoln Financial Field against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Here are the other important dates to mark on the calendar:
• Tuesday, July 27 – Report day at the NovaCare Complex
• Wednesday, July 28 – First Training Camp practice
• Saturday, August 7 – Harold Carmichael’s Pro Football Hall of Fame induction
• Sunday, August 8 at 7 PM – First opportunity to see the 2021 Eagles in person during the public practice at Lincoln Financial Field (Tickets available here now. All proceeds benefit the Eagles Autism Foundation.)
• Thursday, August 12 at 7:30 PM – Preseason opener vs. Steelers (NBC10, 94WIP)
• Monday, August 16 and Tuesday, August 17 – Joint practices with the New England Patriots at the NovaCare Complex
• Tuesday, August 17 – Roster cutdown to 85 players
• Thursday, August 19 at 7:30 PM – Preseason vs. Patriots (NBC10, 94WIP)
• Saturday, August 21 – Fourth Annual Eagles Autism Challenge presented by Lincoln Financial Group
• Tuesday, August 24 and Wednesday, August 25 – Joint practices at the New York Jets
• Tuesday, August 24 – Roster cutdown to 80 players
• Friday, August 27 at 7:30 PM – Preseason finale at New York Jets (NBC10, 94WIP)
• Tuesday, August 31 – Roster cutdown to 53 players
• Sunday, September 12 at 1 PM – Season opener at Atlanta Falcons
Head coach Nick Sirianni will get to test his offense against Patriots head coach Bill Belichick’s defense and Jets head coach Robert Saleh’s defense. The work against other teams could help the Eagles’ front office and coaching staff to evaluate their roster better this summer.